Christmas is a time for joy, celebration, and of course, singing along to our favorite holiday tunes. From traditional carols to modern hits, the lyrics of Christmas songs have become ingrained in our memories. If you consider yourself a true Christmas music enthusiast, why not put your knowledge to the test with a fun quiz? In this article, we have compiled a list of Christmas song lyrics quiz questions and answers to challenge your lyrical expertise. So, gather your family and friends, and let the holiday music trivia begin!
Whether you are hosting a Christmas party or simply looking for a fun activity to enjoy during the festive season, a Christmas song lyrics quiz is a great choice. It can bring everyone together and create a lively atmosphere filled with laughter and holiday cheer. Plus, it’s a fantastic way to revisit some of the most beloved Christmas songs and their memorable lyrics.
In this quiz, you will find a diverse selection of Christmas song lyrics from various genres and eras. From classic carols like “Jingle Bells” and “Silent Night” to modern hits such as Mariah Carey’s “All I Want for Christmas Is You,” there is something for everyone. So, grab a pen and paper, and let’s get started!
See these Christmas Song Lyrics Quiz Questions and Answers
- What comes next in the lyrics: “Jingle bell, jingle bell, jingle bell rock…”? (Answer: Jingle bell swing and jingle bell ring)
- Finish the lyrics: “O Holy Night, the stars are brightly shining, it is the night of…” (Answer: Our dear Savior’s birth)
- Which Christmas song includes the lyrics: “You better watch out, you better not cry…”? (Answer: Santa Claus Is Coming to Town)
- What are the missing lyrics in this line from “White Christmas”: “I’m dreaming of a white Christmas, just like…”? (Answer: The ones I used to know)
- In the song “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer,” what is Rudolph’s shiny nose compared to? (Answer: A light bulb)
- Which Christmas song begins with the lyrics: “Chestnuts roasting on an open fire…”? (Answer: The Christmas Song)
- Complete the lyrics: “Frosty the Snowman, was a jolly happy soul, with a corncob pipe and…” (Answer: A button nose)
- In “It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year,” what is happening and telling you to be of good cheer? (Answer: The kids jingle belling)
- Which song includes the lyrics: “Last Christmas, I gave you my heart, but the very next day, you gave it away…”? (Answer: Last Christmas by Wham!)
- Finish the lyrics: “Rockin’ around the Christmas tree, at the Christmas party hop, mistletoe hung where you can see, every couple tries to…” (Answer: Stop)
- What song features the lyrics: “Feliz Navidad, prospero año y felicidad”? (Answer: Feliz Navidad by José Feliciano)
- Complete the lyrics: “You’re a mean one, Mr. Grinch. You really are a…” (Answer: Heel)
- Which Christmas song includes the line: “A thrill of hope, the weary world rejoices”? (Answer: O Holy Night)
- What song features the lyrics: “I don’t want a lot for Christmas, there is just one thing I need…”? (Answer: All I Want for Christmas Is You by Mariah Carey)
- Finish the lyrics: “Have yourself a merry little Christmas, let your heart be light, from now on, our troubles will be…” (Answer: Out of sight)
- In the song “Jingle Bell Rock,” what kind of dance is being done? (Answer: Jingle bell square dance)
- Which Christmas song includes the lyrics: “Silver bells, silver bells, it’s Christmas time in the city…”? (Answer: Silver Bells)
- Complete the lyrics: “Santa Claus is coming to town, he’s making a list and checking it…” (Answer: Twice)
- What song features the lyrics: “Sleigh bells ring, are you listening, in the lane, snow is glistening…”? (Answer: Winter Wonderland)
- Finish the lyrics: “O come, all ye faithful, joyful and triumphant, O come ye, O come ye to…” (Answer: Bethlehem)
- Which Christmas song includes the line: “Come they told me, pa rum pum pum pum…”? (Answer: The Little Drummer Boy)
- What comes next in the lyrics: “Frosty the Snowman, knew the sun was hot that day, so he said, ‘Let’s run and…”? (Answer: We’ll have some fun before I melt away’)
- In the song “Do You Hear What I Hear,” what does the little lamb say to the shepherd boy? (Answer: “Do you see what I see?”)
- Which Christmas song includes the lyrics: “Joy to the world, the Lord is come, let earth receive…”? (Answer: Joy to the World)
- Complete the lyrics: “I saw Mommy kissing Santa Claus, underneath the mistletoe last night, she didn’t see me…” (Answer: Creep)
- What song features the lyrics: “Deck the halls with boughs of holly, fa-la-la-la-la, la-la-la-la…”? (Answer: Deck the Halls)
- Finish the lyrics: “Here comes Santa Claus, here comes Santa Claus, right down…” (Answer: Santa Claus Lane)
- In the song “Hark! The Herald Angels Sing,” what is the newborn King called? (Answer: Prince of Peace)
- Which Christmas song includes the line: “God rest ye merry, gentlemen, let nothing you dismay…”? (Answer: God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen)
- What comes next in the lyrics: “It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas, everywhere you…”? (Answer: Go)
- Complete the lyrics: “We wish you a Merry Christmas, we wish you a Merry Christmas, we wish you a Merry Christmas and…” (Answer: A Happy New Year)
This is just a small sample of the Christmas song lyrics quiz questions and answers you can include in your holiday trivia game. Feel free to mix and match these with your own favorite songs and lyrics to create a personalized quiz experience. Remember to keep the atmosphere festive and lighthearted, as the main goal is to have fun and enjoy the holiday spirit together.
So, gather your loved ones, put on some Christmas music, and let the merry quiz begin. May your holiday season be filled with joy, laughter, and many memorable moments!